This year’s Coordinate Metrology Society Conference (CMSC) will see the return of the popular Measurement Zone with a combination of educational and competitive zones. QMT is a media partner of the annual event which this year takes place on 20 to 24 July in Hollywood, Florida, USA.
The Measurement Zone contains five sub-zones covering a broad spread of topics and activities.
- Zone 1 will contain educational workshops, fun and learning. Over the 3 days of the conference workshops on laser trackers will be presented by Ben Hughes of the National Physical Laboratory.
- Zone 2 will contain educational E-Learning modules on tablets covering metrology, measurement uncertainty and dimensional measurement.
- Zone 3 will contain three educational activates with 3 devices following a series of scripted processes. Participants will be invited to come and try these devices and partake in not only learning different measurement methods, but understanding how the CMS certification and ELearning zones support their knowledge to complete the tasks.
- Zone 4 will contain one educational activity with a scripted process for participants to follow for the duration of the conference.
- Zone 5 will contain an advanced user’s competition with the option to use a range of multiple device types to complete task.