In recent years, the UK's National Physical Laboratory (NPL) has made significant investments in dimensional measurement and inspection facilities, which are housed in state-of-the-art laboratories at NPL, Teddington.
On July 4th, a programme of laboratory visits and presentations provides the opportunity to learn more about these new capabilities, which expand on NPL's traditional role in calibrations and the dissemination of measurement standards. There will also be an Instrumentation & Manufacturers Exhibition that will showcase the latest equipment.
Visitors are invited to discover more about:
• NPL's new services for the verification of portable articulated arm CMMs and laser trackers based on fulfilling the requirements of ASME B89 standards.
• The Infinity CMM - the most accurate full size CMM in the UK.
• Micro-scale measurements using the F25 CMM.
• Freeform laser scanning and fringe projection.
• Developments in microprobe technologies.
• Handling measurement uncertainties in co-ordinate metrology.
• The realisation of the metre from wavelength standards.
• Good practice in the measurement of freeform surfaces.
• New techniques for characterising surface topography.
• Measurement and inspection instruments that can make a real difference to quality and efficiency.
• NPL's satellite dimensional inspection laboratory.
• NPL's dimensional metrology training courses.
Visitors can meet NPL experts and network with colleagues active in advanced manufacturing and instrumentation development - and gain a better understanding of how you can access this capability to support your business.
Free to attend, register for this event online using this link: