Renishaw are currently seeking to recruit internal and customer facing Applications Engineers. These positions offer the opportunity to work with the latest developments from Renishaw in CMM sensor technologies and Metrology software.
The key outputs and deliverables of the roles are as follows:
- CMM application software development and testing applied across the range of Renishaw's CMM software
- Assisting the CMM support team with customer related queries
- Assist with ongoing quality control of CMM based hardware and software releases.
Customer facing roles
- To prepare and deliver customer product demonstrations
- To provide customers with training in the use of Renishaw equipment
- Supporting existing customers
- Interaction with Renishaw development engineers regarding the use of new equipment and software
Qualifications and expertise:
All applicants are required to have the following:
- Thorough knowledge of metrology principles, particularly when applied to the use of a CMM
- Practical expertise in the use of CMM metrology software
- A comprehensive understanding of mechanical drawings including dimensional tolerancing
- A valid passport
Although not essential, it is desirable if applicants have an engineering qualification.
The successful applicants will be self motivated and able to work with minimum supervision. The individual must be organised and have good communication and an aptitude to problem solving.
These positions will be based either at the New Mills site near Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire, or at our Castle Donington facility in the Midlands. Some UK and overseas travel may be required.